Contract Terms & Conditions - The Law
Fundamentals of UK Contract Law
The UK Legislation is often chosen by international organisations as the preferred law for the terms and conditions of their contracts. This short course will aid contracting, procurement and sales professionals understand the essential principles of terms and conditions that are the vital components of any contract.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE
- Procurement professionals
- Operations managers
- Finance managers
- Commodity specialists
- Supply chain managers
- Senior sales personnel
- Managers and executives
- Senior buyers
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Become aware of the UK Contract law.
- Identify the 7 essentials of a valid contract.
- Understand the legal processes of a contract and identify the difference between terms vs. warranties vs. conditions
- Recognise the role and objectives of:
– Force majeure clause
– Privity of contract
– Termination mechanisms
- Learn the meaning of commonly used Incoterms and how they are utilized in contracts.
- Develop an understanding of conflict management and conflict resolution techniques.
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- The Formation of Contracts / Terms & Conditions
- General contract structure
- Essentials of a contract
- Manner of Creation
- Major and minor Terms
- Ownership and Force Majeure
- Remedies for Breach of Contract
- (Un)Liquidated Damages
- Incoterms & International Trade
- Approaches to Dispute Resolution
- Adjudication & Arbitration
Our Creative Team
Paul is an experienced Human Resources and Managing Director with a demonstrated history of working in Blue Chip multinationals, professional services, the public sector and more recently in the education management industry.
Alex has worked in both the university and private sector. He has a successful track record of business and organisational development, building corporate relationships and growing the SCA portfolio of clients.
GM - CP Training
Neil has been working in senior positions within supply chain education for the past five years, following over 25 years' of practical logistics experience in a blue chip multinational company.
Stay in touch
Through our parent company, the Supply Chain Academy, we are able to provide innovative learning experiences for CEOs & Executives. It provides an environment for executives to come together, to develop ideas and to plan exciting futures.