Inventory levels depend on many factors, including variable demand, delivery lead time, the supply chain network, service levels etc. Trying to manage these variables independently is a ‘no win’ situation.
This course will provide the key to successful inventory management, by combining practical inventory control techniques with sound procurement practice, to produce a solid foundation to enable your supply chain to meet customer expectations at the lowest possible cost.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE
• Warehouse managers
• Stock controllers
• Operations managers
• Inventory managers
• Supply chain professionals
• Material managers
• Procurement managers
• Demand management professionals
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
• Understand the role of inventory in an effective supply chain.
• Understand categories of stock and how to tailor stockholdings.
• Learn how to utilize key concepts, variables and metrics that allow for effective management of inventory.
• Understand how product demand and product lifecycle are connected to inventory management.
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
• Demand Characteristics and the Product Life Cycle
• Push and pull systems
• Demand forecasting
• Categorisation of stock
• ABC Analysis
• Economic order quantity and minimum order quantity
• Safety stock and stock cover
• Materials requirements planning (MRP)
• Stock replenishment systems
• The cost of managing stock
Our Creative Team
Paul is an experienced Human Resources and Managing Director with a demonstrated history of working in Blue Chip multinationals, professional services, the public sector and more recently in the education management industry.
Alex has worked in both the university and private sector. He has a successful track record of business and organisational development, building corporate relationships and growing the SCA portfolio of clients.
GM - CP Training
Neil has been working in senior positions within supply chain education for the past five years, following over 25 years' of practical logistics experience in a blue chip multinational company.
Stay in touch
Through our parent company, the Supply Chain Academy, we are able to provide innovative learning experiences for CEOs & Executives. It provides an environment for executives to come together, to develop ideas and to plan exciting futures.