Inventory levels depend on many factors, including variable demand, delivery lead time, the supply chain network, service levels etc. Trying to manage these variables independently is a ‘no win’ situation.
This course will provide the key to successful inventory management, by combining practical inventory control techniques with sound procurement practice, to produce a solid foundation to enable your supply chain to meet customer expectations at the lowest possible cost.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE
• Warehouse managers
• Stock controllers
• Operations managers
• Inventory managers
• Supply chain professionals
• Material managers
• Procurement managers
• Demand management professionals
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
• Understand the role of inventory in an effective supply chain.
• Understand categories of stock and how to tailor stockholdings.
• Learn how to utilize key concepts, variables and metrics that allow for effective management of inventory.
• Understand how product demand and product lifecycle are connected to inventory management.
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
• Demand Characteristics and the Product Life Cycle
• Push and pull systems
• Demand forecasting
• Categorisation of stock
• ABC Analysis
• Economic order quantity and minimum order quantity
• Safety stock and stock cover
• Materials requirements planning (MRP)
• Stock replenishment systems
• The cost of managing stock
Our Creative Team
Paul is an experienced Human Resources and Managing Director with a demonstrated history of working in Blue Chip multinationals, professional services, the public sector and more recently in the education management industry.
GM - CP Training
Neil has been working in senior positions within supply chain education for the past five years, following over 25 years' of practical logistics experience in a blue chip multinational company.
Stay in touch
Through our parent company, the Supply Chain Academy, we are able to provide innovative learning experiences for CEOs & Executives. It provides an environment for executives to come together, to develop ideas and to plan exciting futures.