In an increasingly competitive environment, managers must take a strategic approach to manage logistics. Internal operations must be aligned with both supplier and customer expectations. This intensive course equips senior management with the knowledge and skills to develop a logistics strategy that will consistently support business objectives.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE
- Operations Managers
- Distribution Managers
- Transport Managers
- Transport Supervisors
- Logistics Managers
- Logistics Operatives
- Stores Managers
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Understand the concept of integrated logistics.
- Critically analyse and evaluate logistics operations.
- Apply solutions to problems in line with global best practices.
- Devise and operate effective performance measures.
- Learn how to create performance improvement plans.
- Understand how to support inbound and outbound logistic activities.
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Mission, strategy and policies for logistics
- Costs of non-performance and poor performance
- Logistics planning
- Land, air and marine transport services
- Materials storage, preservation and handling
- Waste management services
- HSSE policies
- Sustainable logistics and transport
- Risk management in logistics
- Management controls
- Performance measurement
Our Creative Team
Paul is an experienced Human Resources and Managing Director with a demonstrated history of working in Blue Chip multinationals, professional services, the public sector and more recently in the education management industry.
GM - CP Training
Neil has been working in senior positions within supply chain education for the past five years, following over 25 years' of practical logistics experience in a blue chip multinational company.
Stay in touch
Through our parent company, the Supply Chain Academy, we are able to provide innovative learning experiences for CEOs & Executives. It provides an environment for executives to come together, to develop ideas and to plan exciting futures.