In an increasingly competitive environment, managers must take a strategic approach to manage logistics. Internal operations must be aligned with both supplier and customer expectations. This intensive course equips senior management with the knowledge and skills to develop a logistics strategy that will consistently support business objectives.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE
- Operations Managers
- Distribution Managers
- Transport Managers
- Transport Supervisors
- Logistics Managers
- Logistics Operatives
- Stores Managers
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Understand the concept of integrated logistics.
- Critically analyse and evaluate logistics operations.
- Apply solutions to problems in line with global best practices.
- Devise and operate effective performance measures.
- Learn how to create performance improvement plans.
- Understand how to support inbound and outbound logistic activities.
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Mission, strategy and policies for logistics
- Costs of non-performance and poor performance
- Logistics planning
- Land, air and marine transport services
- Materials storage, preservation and handling
- Waste management services
- HSSE policies
- Sustainable logistics and transport
- Risk management in logistics
- Management controls
- Performance measurement
Our Creative Team
Paul is an experienced Human Resources and Managing Director with a demonstrated history of working in Blue Chip multinationals, professional services, the public sector and more recently in the education management industry.
Alex has worked in both the university and private sector. He has a successful track record of business and organisational development, building corporate relationships and growing the SCA portfolio of clients.
GM - CP Training
Neil has been working in senior positions within supply chain education for the past five years, following over 25 years' of practical logistics experience in a blue chip multinational company.
Stay in touch
Through our parent company, the Supply Chain Academy, we are able to provide innovative learning experiences for CEOs & Executives. It provides an environment for executives to come together, to develop ideas and to plan exciting futures.