Sales & Operational Planning
Sales & Operations Planning
S&OP is at the heart of balancing supply and demand and is essential for aligning the company around a common financial, demand and supply plan. Using a structured S&OP process enables the development of a cross-functional collaborative approach to forecasting and helps stakeholders make better decisions on product sourcing and inventory, by taking service and lead-time trade-offs into account.
The core principles gained from this course will help delegates have a better understanding of how to manage the relationships between sales and marketing stakeholders on the demand side and the manufacturing and other operational stakeholders on the supply side.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE
• Sales and Marketing Executives
• Production Managers
• Operations Managers
• Finance Managers
• Supply Chain Professionals
• Material Managers
• Procurement Managers
• Demand Management Professionals
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
• Take a different perspective on traditional data such as sales history and forecasts, as well as time-phased inventory projections and production capacity.
• Recognise how their forecasts impact manufacturing schedules and inventory levels.
• Assess whether they are producing enough products to meet sales demand.
• Recognise how production is tied to finance and see the financial impact of production decisions, so appropriate adjustments may be then undertaken.
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- What is S&OP?
– Definition and benefits
- S&OP processes
– What information is required?
– The stages of the S&OP process (including inputs & outputs)
- The integration of S&OP into a business
– Critical success factors for an effective implementation
– Typical roles and responsibility matrix
“We wanted our people to be more effective in line with our strategy. We have a good relationship with the Supply Chain Academy as they understand our business. I have had great feedback from the team on how effective the course was which they used immediately.”
“The team have made real positive changes since the training day at Supply Chain Academy; the course was highly relevant, a good mix between theory and practice and colleagues appreciated the relevance of the scenarios and case study to help them take the learning and apply at work.”
Our Creative Team
Paul is an experienced Human Resources and Managing Director with a demonstrated history of working in Blue Chip multinationals, professional services, the public sector and more recently in the education management industry.
GM - CP Training
Neil has been working in senior positions within supply chain education for the past five years, following over 25 years' of practical logistics experience in a blue chip multinational company.
Stay in touch
Leave your email to receive a monthly update of industry related news and courses from CP Training and the Supply Chain Academy.
Through our parent company, the Supply Chain Academy, we are able to provide innovative learning experiences for CEOs & Executives. It provides an environment for executives to come together, to develop ideas and to plan exciting futures.