The Fundamentals of Supply Chain
The Fundamentals of Supply Chain Management
Supply chain management is not only a process designed to generate a cost reduction or operational efficiencies within an organisation. When aligned with the strategic objective of the organisation, it also becomes a source of competitive advantage over rivals.
This foundational course will help all managers to better understand what a supply chain is and how their roles impact and interact with, their end-to-end supply chain process.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE
• Demand managers
• Sales executives
• Operations managers
• Finance managers
• Purchasing and procurement professionals
• Category managers
• Supply chain professionals
• Logistics managers
• Material planners
• Production management
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
• Understand the role of the supply chain within the wider business context
• Become aware of the fundamental trade-offs in the supply chain (e.g. supply chain cost vs service level, efficiency vs flexibility etc.)
• Understand the importance of supply chain planning and be able to identify its key components
• Develop awareness of the key challenges in modern inventory management and distribution; become familiar with tested practices that allow responding to these challenges
• Understand the meaning of essential supply chain terminology
• Understand how supply chain performance affects company financial results
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
• What is supply chain management? Why is it important?
• The importance of cost versus service
• Purchasing and procurement
• Manufacturing processes
• Demand management
• Warehouse and inventory management
• Logistics and transport
• Risk management
“We wanted our people to be more effective in line with our strategy. We have a good relationship with the Supply Chain Academy as they understand our business. I have had great feedback from the team on how effective the course was which they used immediately.”
“The team have made real positive changes since the training day at Supply Chain Academy; the course was highly relevant, a good mix between theory and practice and colleagues appreciated the relevance of the scenarios and case study to help them take the learning and apply at work.”
Our Creative Team
Paul is an experienced Human Resources and Managing Director with a demonstrated history of working in Blue Chip multinationals, professional services, the public sector and more recently in the education management industry.
GM - CP Training
Neil has been working in senior positions within supply chain education for the past five years, following over 25 years' of practical logistics experience in a blue chip multinational company.
Stay in touch
Leave your email to receive a monthly update of industry related news and courses from CP Training and the Supply Chain Academy.
Through our parent company, the Supply Chain Academy, we are able to provide innovative learning experiences for CEOs & Executives. It provides an environment for executives to come together, to develop ideas and to plan exciting futures.