Warehousing management is a fundamental part of the supply chain. This course provides exceptional training on the principles and processes required to successfully operate a warehouse.
Participants will understand the theory and practice that drive the effective design and management of warehouses, to ensure operational efficiency and greater levels of profitability. Trainers will provide knowledge and first-hand experience of leading practice for effective layout design, receiving and storing materials and material processing, including picking and shipping of goods. They will also introduce the definition of KPIs that are utilised to monitor and improve warehousing operations.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE
• Warehouse Managers
• Material Managers
• Senior stores supervisors
• Stores Managers
• Distribution managers
• Supply chain professionals wishing to understand the warehouse and material management process
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
• Learn about the characteristics of a warehouse and its function
• Understand the basic principles of effective layout design and product storage prioritization
• Gain an understanding of modern practices in warehouse operations, such as Kanban and 5S
• Understand the importance of packaging and data inputs to improve the performance of pick and pack operations
• Understand the role of KPIs in warehouse and supply chain management
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Material storage as part of supply chain management
- Evaluation of outsourcing issues
- Challenges of codification and traceability
- Performance management
- Automated and mechanized systems
- Different storage methodologies
- Use of Warehouse management systems
- Optimum cube utilization and labour productivity
- Picking and packing management systems
- Goods receipt and dispatch
Open Course Dates, Availability and Bookings for our Warehouse Management Course
(Please contact us for more information).
Our Creative Team
Paul is an experienced Human Resources and Managing Director with a demonstrated history of working in Blue Chip multinationals, professional services, the public sector and more recently in the education management industry.
Alex has worked in both the university and private sector. He has a successful track record of business and organisational development, building corporate relationships and growing the SCA portfolio of clients.
GM - CP Training
Neil has been working in senior positions within supply chain education for the past five years, following over 25 years' of practical logistics experience in a blue chip multinational company.
Stay in touch
Through our parent company, the Supply Chain Academy, we are able to provide innovative learning experiences for CEOs & Executives. It provides an environment for executives to come together, to develop ideas and to plan exciting futures.