Fundamentals of Procurement
Fundamentals of Procurement
Organisations across all industries depend on the ability of procurement management in seeking out and managing external supplier relationships to ensure that the goods and services they need are acquired at the most advantageous conditions. For these reasons, procurement management has a direct impact on an organization’s bottom line and strategic business operations.
This foundational course will help all managers better understand what a procurement function does, including the processes, tools and techniques it employs to reach its goals and how it measures its business performance.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE
- Procurement professionals and admin support clerks.
- Operations professional and managers.
- Finance managers and admin support personnel.
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
- Explain the contribution of procurement to the overall business objectives.
- Explain the added value that can be obtained by a business when it manages its procurement activities efficiently and effectively.
- Understand the complex activity of procurement and the challenges it presents for risk management.
- Develop good quality procurement practices that will manage the expectations of all stakeholders
- Identify methods by which a procurement function can be measured and performance monitored.
- Perform contract management activities.
- Understand ways in which improvements might be identified and implemented.
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Procurement and business objectives
- Stakeholder Management
- Commercial Specifications
- Whole Life Costing
- Targeted procurement
- Procurement planning
- Supplier Appraisal and selection
- RFQ & ITT & Evaluation
- Contract Management
Open Course Dates, Availability and Bookings for our Purchasing Course
(Please contact us for more information).
Our Creative Team
Paul is an experienced Human Resources and Managing Director with a demonstrated history of working in Blue Chip multinationals, professional services, the public sector and more recently in the education management industry.
Alex has worked in both the university and private sector. He has a successful track record of business and organisational development, building corporate relationships and growing the SCA portfolio of clients.
GM - CP Training
Neil has been working in senior positions within supply chain education for the past five years, following over 25 years' of practical logistics experience in a blue chip multinational company.
Stay in touch
Through our parent company, the Supply Chain Academy, we are able to provide innovative learning experiences for CEOs & Executives. It provides an environment for executives to come together, to develop ideas and to plan exciting futures.