Demand Management Course
This compact, interactive course is designed to provide participants with an in-depth working knowledge of key demand and inventory planning policies, models and metrics.
The course helps participants understand the role of demand and inventory planning in the wider context of supply chain management. It aims to demonstrate how to improve the alignment between supply and demand to maintain good levels of customer service and on-shelf availability whilst eliminating excess stock and reducing inventory investment.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE
• Demand planners and forecasters
• Demand managers
• Operations managers
• Finance managers
• Purchasing and procurement professionals
• Category managers
• Supply chain professionals
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
• Understand the role of demand management and its benefits
• Identify the key demand characteristics and patterns; learn how to use them to improve forecast accuracy
• Develop an understanding of key qualitative and quantitative forecasting methods
• Learn how to conduct fundamental inventory analyses with a view to achieving the appropriate trade-off between stock and service level
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
The role of Demand Management
• The end-to-end view of Supply Chain Management
• Demand Characteristics and the Product Life Cycle
• Demand patterns
• Push and pull systems
Background to forecasting
• The forecasting Process
• Time-series methods of forecasting
• Calculating forecast errors
• Categorisation of stock
• ABC Analysis
• Economic order quantity and minimum order quantity
• Safety stock and stock cover
• Materials requirements planning (MRP)
• Stock replenishment systems
• Practical inventory management
• The cost of managing stock
“We wanted our people to be more effective in line with our strategy. We have a good relationship with the Supply Chain Academy as they understand our business. I have had great feedback from the team on how effective the course was which they used immediately.”
“The team have made real positive changes since the training day at Supply Chain Academy; the course was highly relevant, a good mix between theory and practice and colleagues appreciated the relevance of the scenarios and case study to help them take the learning and apply at work.”
Our Creative Team
Paul is an experienced Human Resources and Managing Director with a demonstrated history of working in Blue Chip multinationals, professional services, the public sector and more recently in the education management industry.
GM - CP Training
Neil has been working in senior positions within supply chain education for the past five years, following over 25 years' of practical logistics experience in a blue chip multinational company.
Stay in touch
Leave your email to receive a monthly update of industry related news and courses from CP Training and the Supply Chain Academy.
Through our parent company, the Supply Chain Academy, we are able to provide innovative learning experiences for CEOs & Executives. It provides an environment for executives to come together, to develop ideas and to plan exciting futures.