Managing Financial Budgets
Managing Financial Budgets Course
Successful managers and operations professionals must have the ability to develop and implement effective budget plans to achieve the organisation’s objectives. The most successful organisations use the budget process to keep them on track to deliver realistic aims and goals.
This course will move a manager’s focus away from simply reviewing last year’s financial performance, toward the development of an interactive approach, designed to really understand financial performance and the consequence of inaction.
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM THIS COURSE
• Operations managers
• Finance managers
• General managers
• Supply Chain and Procurement personnel
PARTICIPANTS WILL LEARN HOW TO:
• The confidence to use budgeting tools and techniques
• An understanding of the demands of financial management
• The ability to analyse and challenge financial and accounting
• An understanding of fixed and variable costs and how these affect the sales price and profitability
• Understanding the challenges of overhead allocation
• Understanding the P&L
• Developing awareness of fundamental investment appraisal techniques
COURSE TOPICS INCLUDE:
• Budget Definitions & Planning
• Designing and developing a budget
• Performance reporting systems & cost control
• Zero-based budgeting systems
• Understanding business costs (FC & VC)
• Understanding variance analysis
• Profit and Loss & Balance Sheet
Our Creative Team
Paul is an experienced Human Resources and Managing Director with a demonstrated history of working in Blue Chip multinationals, professional services, the public sector and more recently in the education management industry.
GM - CP Training
Neil has been working in senior positions within supply chain education for the past five years, following over 25 years' of practical logistics experience in a blue chip multinational company.
Stay in touch
Through our parent company, the Supply Chain Academy, we are able to provide innovative learning experiences for CEOs & Executives. It provides an environment for executives to come together, to develop ideas and to plan exciting futures.